Посмотрите на список конструкций глагол + предлог:
apologise (TO someone) FOR something (см. Unit 60a):
- When I realised I was wrong, I apologised to him for my mistake.
apply FOR a job/a place at university и т.д.:
- I think this job would suit you. Why don't you apply for it?
believe IN something:
- Do you believe in God? (= Do you believe that God exists?)
- I believe in saying what I think. (= I believe that it is a good thing to say what I think.)
belong TO someone:
- Who does this coat belong to?
care ABOUT someone/something (= think someone/something is important):
- He is very selfish. He doesn't care about other people.
care FOR someone/something:
i) = like something (обычно в вопросах и отрицательных предложениях):
- Would you care for a cup of coffee? (= Would you like ...?)
- I don't care for hot weather. (= I don't like ...)
ii) = look after someone:
- She is very old. She needs someone to care for her.
take care OF someone/something (= look after):
- Have a nice holiday. Take care of yourself!
collide WITH someone/something:
- There was an accident this morning. A bus collided with a car.
complain (TO someone) ABOUT someone/something:
- We complained to the manager of the restaurant about the food.
concentrate ON something:
- Don't look out of the window. Concentrate on your work!
consist OF something:
- We had an enormous meal. It consisted of seven courses.
crash/drive/bump/run INTO someone/something:
- He lost control of the car and crashed into a wall.
depend ON someone/something:
- `What time will you arrive?' `I don't know. It depends on the traffic.'
Можно опускать on перед вопросительными словами (when/where/how и т.д.):
- `Are you going to buy it?' `It depends (on) how much it is.'
die OF an illness:
- `What did he die of?' `A heart attack.'